Anne Arundel County is opening its warming centers from Tuesday through Thursday morning due to extremely cold forecasted temperatures.
According to the National Weather Service, wind chills are predicted to be below 10 degrees the next couple nights. The centers will open from 6:00 p.m. until Thursday at 8:00 a.m.
The following locations will be open:
• Annapolis Senior Center: 119 South Villa Avenue, Annapolis
• Arnold Senior Center: 44 Church Rd, Arnold
• Brooklyn Park Senior Center: 202 Hammonds Lane Brooklyn Park
• O'Malley Senior Center: 1275 Odenton Road, Odenton
• Pasadena Senior Center: 4103 Mountain Road, Pasadena
• Pascal Senior Center: 125 Dorsey Road, Glen Burnie
• South County Senior Center: 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
Anne Arundel County Public Libraries will serve as warming centers from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday. On Wednesday they will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Annapolis Regional Library: 1410 West Street, Annapolis
- Broadneck Community Library: 1275 Green Holly Drive, Annapolis
- Brooklyn Park Community Library: 1 East 11th Avenue, Baltimore
- Crofton Community Library: 1681 Riedel Road, Crofton
- Deale Community Library: 5940 Deale-Churchton Road, Deale
- Eastport-Annapolis Neck Community Library: 269 Hillsmere Drive, Annapolis
- Edgewater Community Library: 25 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
- Linthicum Community Library: 400 Shipley Road, Linthicum
- Maryland City at Russett Community Library: 3501 Russett Common, Laurel
- Mountain Road Community Library: 4730 Mountain Road, Pasadena
- Odenton Regional Library: 1325 Annapolis Road, Odenton
- Riviera Beach Community Library: 1130 Duvall Highway, Pasadena
- Severn Community Library: 2624 Annapolis Road, Severn
- Severna Park Community Library: 45 West McKinsey Road, Severna Park
The Anne Arundel County Police will designate the following Precincts as warming centers from 6:00 p.m. Tuesday until 8:00 a.m. Thursday.
- Northern District: 939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore
- Eastern District: 204 Pasadena Rd, Pasadena
- Western District: 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton
- Southern District: 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
Anyone who needs transportation to any warming center should contact Office of Transportation during normal business hours at 410-222-0022.
Pets are not allowed in warming centers, but accommodations can be made for service animals.
Carroll County is opening several warming centers Wednesday
Warming centers are open during regular business hours at County Senior Centers and the Department of Citizen Services.
- Citizen Services Office Building, 10 Distillery Drive, Westminster, 8AM - 5PM
- Mount Airy Senior and Community Center, 703 Ridge Avenue, Mount Airy, 8AM - 4:30PM
- North Carroll Senior and Community Center, 2328 Hanover Pike, Hampstead, 8AM - 4:30PM
- South Carroll Senior and Community Center, 5928 Mineral Hill Road, Eldersburg, 8AM - 4:30PM
- Taneytown Senior and Community Center, 220 Roberts Mill Road, Taneytown, 8AM - 4:30PM
- Westminster Senior and Community Center, 125 Stoner Ave., Westminster, 8AM - 4:30PM
All branches of the Carroll County Public Library System will also be open as warming centers during regular business hours, Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 8:45 PM; Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; and Sunday 1:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Eldersburg Branch, 6400 Hemlock Drive, Eldersburg
- Finksburg Branch, 2265 Old Westminster Pike, Finksburg
- Mt. Airy Branch, 705 Ridge Avenue, Mt. Airy
- North Carroll Branch, 2255 Hanover Pike, Hampstead
- Taneytown Branch, 10 Grand Drive, Taneytown
- Westminster Branch, 50 East Main Street, Westminster