We are always on the hunt for great recipes, especially ones that allow us to fire up the grill in the summertime!
Thank you to the Classic Catering People, as well as The Bygone and Ouzo Beach for sharing their summer-y recipes with Taste Buds. You can find the cocktails on the menus at their respective restaurants.
Chili Rubbed Steak Salad
The Classic Catering People
For the steak rub:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chili powder
¼ cup salt
For the balsamic dressing:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup raspberry champagne vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cup olive oil
- Mix together ingredients for rub and pat onto dry steak. Let stand for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill or sear steak, cooking to medium rare.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, blend together the Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, raspberry champagne vinegar, sugar and salt, then whisk oil in slowly.
- Serve steak over mixed greens, along with vegetables of your choice – tomatoes, green beans, grilled onions, shredded carrots.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over steak salad and enjoy!
Bümer’s Manifest – Created by Will Escalante, The Bygone
1.5 oz Jägermeister Manifest
.5 oz Maple Syrup
.75 oz Lime Juice
.74 oz Pineapple Juice
.25 oz Sibilla Amaro
.5 oz Yellow Chartreuse
Dash of mole bitters
Method: Place all ingredients in a shaker tin. Light shake and strain into a Tiki glass, top with crushed ice. Garnish with a green Chartreuse flamed lime cup and cinnamon spark.
This is Sparta! – Created by Liz Jankiewicz, Ouzo Beach
1 part Jägermeister
1 part Otto’s Athens Vermouth
Topped with Fever Tree Cucumber Tonic
Garnish with fresh cucumber
Method: Pour Jägermeister and Vermouth into glass, add ice, top with cucumber tonic.