Located between two parks, Herrington Manor State Park offers a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of Deep creek.
Designated as a state park in 1964, Herrington Manor encompasses 365 acres offering swimming, canoes, hiking, biking and cross country skiing.
"You can expect to look for a friendly face," park manager Ranger Donnie Oats said. "You can expect a quiet, enjoyable visit to nature... this is a quiet place where you can enjoy nature."
- 20 full service cabins available for rent
- 25 miles of color coded trails for hiking, biking and cross country skiing
- 53-acre lake offers access to water sports, fishing and swimming
- Guests can use same admission ticket to enter Herrington Manor and Swallow Falls
- The park and cabins were built and maintained by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s
The park has 20 full service cabins available for rent, half of which were recently renovated. Each cabin has a full kitchen. Guests can chose from four, six or eight person cabins.
We're open year round. They're really popular in the winter for the cross country skiers and of course in the summer for the beach goers.
Cabin guests say the park is their secret retreat.
Want more parks? Find yours here
Herrington Manor has about 25 miles of hiking trails that are color coded, include a 5.5 mile trail that connects it with Swallow Falls State Park.
It's a smaller lake, but it has everything Deep Creek has.
Trails are open to hikers as well as mountain bikers. In the winter, the park is a popular place for cross country skiers. The staff grooms the trails for skiers. The park also rents equipment - skis, boots and poles, as well as snowshoes and sleds.
It's just a good place to come enjoy nature whether it be winter or summer, we're open year round
- Maple Syrup Demonstrations: March 2017 - Park staff gives demonstration of boiling maple sap into maple syrup
- Kids Fishing Derby: First Saturday in June - Take the kids fishing at the annual Governor's Youth Fishing Day.
- For more, click here
Click here for more Baltimore area events.