BEL AIR, Md. — As the investigation into a deadly 12-car crash in Bel Air continues, the Harford County community is stepping up to support the family of 7-year-old victim.
Black Eyed Suzie’s in Bel Air is one of three local restaurants raising money to help Tripp Johnson’s family during this difficult time.
Tripp Johnson was a second grader at William Paca Old Post Road Elementary School and a football player for the Joppatowne Seahawks.
He was killed in a 12-car crash on Route 24 in Bel Air Monday.
Magerks Pub and Grill will also donate 20-percent of its sales to the Johnson family. Flavor Cupcakery will do the same with proceeds from both its Cockeysville and Bel Air shops.
The Bonefish Grill in Bel Air will host a fundraiser for the Johnson’s on Monday. The company will donate 25-percent of its sales that day.
Monday's crash happened just down the road from Brian Acquavella's restaurant Black Eyed Suzie’s.
“You're only as strong as you are with the community around you so when things like that happen, being an enormous restaurant like we are we have an opportunity to help people in a way that small things can't.” Said Black Eye Suzie’s owner, Brian Acquavella.
Below is a full list of places that are donating money or collecting donations for victims and families:
- Main Street Fundraiser for the Johnson Family: On Thursday, both Black Eyed Suzie's and MaGerk's BelAir will be donating 20 percent of sales to the family. All tips at the upstairs bar of Black Eyed Suzie's will also be donated.
- Bonefish Grill: On Monday, March 18, Bonefish will donate 25 percent of it’s proceeds to the Johnson family.
- Go Fund Me: This Go Fund Me is set up by Tripp’s mother’s employer
- The Hair Lodge, Salon Studio: Collecting donations
- With Love Beauty Bar & Studios: Collecting donations until Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Flavor Cupcakery: On Thursday, March 14, Flavor Cupecakery will donate 20 percent of sales from their Bel Air and Cockeysville shops.
- Autoshowcase: The store in Fallston will donate $50 to Tripp's family for every car sold through the end of the month.
- Caprichos Books: 15% of all sales from 10-6 on Thursday, March 14th.
- Uptown Cheapskate: 15% of sales on Thursday, March 14th.
- 510 Johnny’s: On Thursday, March 14, they will donate 20 percent of proceeds.
- Charm City Run - Bel Air: 20 percent of sales will be donated to the Klein and John families on Thursday.