Friends remember 16-year-old killed running after school bus

Posted at 11:17 PM, Oct 09, 2018
and last updated 2018-10-09 23:19:20-04

A family in White Hall is coming to terms with the fact that their 16-year-old died just trying to get to school.

RELATED: 16-year-old boy dead after being hit by truck in White Hall

Kyle Lynam was trying to catch his bus when a truck hit him.

Around 6 in the morning on the hilly Norrisville Rd it’s tough to see.

Neighbors said there has been a high fog the last couple days making it even more difficult to see on the road.
Kiersten Zinkhan, Kyle’s classmate and friend at North Harford High School, said Kyle had an infectious personality.

“Kyle was just the person that if you were sad he would always make sure you had a smile on your face by the end of the day,” Zinkhan said.

Lynam was rushed to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center where he died after emergency surgery and multiple attempts to save his life.

“He’s like the sweetest person ever,” Lynam’s friend Jessica Morris said.

“He was very outgoing, always kind,” Lynam’s friend Felicite Bauer said.

Chester Holloway has lived in the area for over 50 years, and he said he has been fighting to reduce traffic on that road because of incidents like this.

“The traffic comes down from Pennsylvania and it goes to Hunt Valley, there’s no other arteries here and it’s really a heavy traffic road,” said Holloway.

Robert Richardson said thousands of cars go down the road every day.

His daughter will go to North Harford High School next year, and her bus stop is right across the street from where Lynam was killed.

He’s seen how dangerous the road can be and wants to see something done to prevent another tragedy from happening.

“We thought there should be a circle right here to slow the cars down,” said Richardson. “You know it’s 50 miles an hour down through here but it’s a rural rd.”

The driver of the truck isn't facing any charges.

Marque Bishop called Lynam his best friend and said that he was always pushing him forward.

“One day I had morning detention and I didn’t really want to go to morning detention and Kyle was like no you’re going to morning detention, and he drug me to morning detention. Got me out of trouble.”

Here is a link to help his family with funeral costs.