BALTIMORE, Md. — Baltimore City added additional speed cameras at six new locations and red-light cameras at five new locations.
Starting April 23, the following speed cameras will go in effect
- 4700 block Hillen Road to 5200 Perring Parkway – Northwood Elementary School, Lois T. Murray School
- 5400 to 5700 blocks of South Hilton Street – Wes Unseld School, Sarah Roach Elementary School , Green Street Academy
- 4600 to 4700 blocks Reisterstown Rd – Baltimore Junior Academy
- Unit to 200 blocks South Monroe St. - Samuel Moore Elementary School
- 1300 to 1400 blocks West Franklin St. EB – Augusta Fells Savage Elementary Middle
- 1300 to 1400 blocks West Mulberry St. WB – Vivien Thomas Academy
The cameras will detect anyone driving at least 12 miles above the speed limit, according to a press release.
The speed cameras operate year-round in city school zones, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. The speed camera violation fine is $40.
Red light cameras will also go in effect on April 23 at the following locations:
- Cold Spring Lane at Falls Road
- Eastern Avenue at Patterson Park Avenue
- North Avenue at N. Wolfe Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue at Dolphin Street
- Martin Luther King Boulevard at Fayette Street
The red light cameras will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The fine for running a red light is $75.