Fire officials are trying to figure out what happened during an acid spill in the Curtis Bay neighborhood Monday afternoon.
According to the Baltimore Fire Department, Chlorosulfonic acid spilled from a tank truck during unloading at the Solvay's plant in Baltimore.
The truck was delivering the acid, which is used in producing soaps and detergents. The liquid form of the acid is considered hazardous for inhalation, and makes a white cloud when it comes in contact with the air.
There are no reported injuries, and according to officials, the acid didn't get into any of the sewer lines.
The fire department still shut down the valve to the leak inside of the facility as a preventative measure.
A shelter was in place for about 90 minutes for those in Baltimore City and parts of Anne Arundel county, just to make sure everyone was safe.
A Solvay spokesperson said the company is also investigating exactly how the spill happened.