Road closures and parking restrictions are in effect for this weekend's Artscape. The event takes place in the vicinity of the Maryland Institute College of Art along Mount Royal Avenue on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 15 -17.
More than 350,000 people are expected to attend Baltimore’s annual celebration of the arts. The Baltimore City Department of Transportation recommends attendees to use public transportation, including mass transit, the light rail, park & ride facilities and the Charm City Circulator. The Mount Royal Light Rail stop is located in the heart of the festival and will operate with extended hours throughout the weekend.
In preparation for the event, several traffic modifications will be implemented in the vicinity of the festival. Parking will also be restricted in the festival area. Residential permit parking regulations will be strictly enforced.
The following street will be closed starting at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, July 11, 2016 and will remain closed until 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19, 2016:
- Dolphin Street from Mount Royal Avenue to N. Howard Street
The following streets will be closed at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, July 11, 2016 through 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, 2016:
- Mt. Royal Avenue between W. North Avenue and N. Charles Street
- Cathedral Street between W. Biddle Street and Mount Royal Avenue (Meyerhoff garage access will be permitted)
- Preston Street between Cathedral and N. Howard Streets
- Oliver Street between Maryland and Mt. Royal Avenues (local garage and post office access will be permitted)
- Lanvale Street between Mt. Royal Avenue and Rutter Street
- Lafayette Avenue between Mt. Royal Avenue and Rutter Street
- South side of Mt. Royal Avenue (curb lane only) between Charles and St. Paul Streets
The following street will be closed at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, July 15, 2016 through 6:00 a.m. on Monday, July 18, 2016:
- Both sides of W. Preston Street between Maryland Avenue and Cathedral Street (local traffic only and access to garage permitted)
The following streets will be closed at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 14, 2016 through 6:00 a.m. Monday, July 18, 2016:
- North Charles Street between W. Preston Street and North Avenue. The I-83 ENTRANCE RAMP WILL CLOSE AT THIS TIME. Local access will be maintained between Biddle and Preston Streets.
- North side of Preston Street (curb lane only) between Charles and Lovegrove Streets
- North side of Mt. Royal Avenue between St. Paul and N. Charles Streets.
- The I-83 EXIT RAMP TO MT. ROYAL AVENUE WILL CLOSE AT THIS TIME.
- Lanvale Street between Maryland Avenue and Lovegrove Street
- Lafayette Avenue between N. Charles Street and Maryland Avenue
- Lafayette Avenue between St. Paul and N. Charles Streets. Local access to gas station and school will be maintained.
- Both sides of Mosher Street between Mt. Royal Avenue and Malster Street (Artscape permit parking only)