ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Annapolis Fire is investigating a structure fire that left two people injured on Wednesday.
Firefighters responded to the 1300 block of Tyler Avenue at around 2:15 p.m. and found a middle of the row townhome with heavy smoke and fire showing from the second floor with extension into adjacent homes.
After making access into the adjacent homes, they found the fire had extended to the attic and spread into the adjacent homes. All occupants were out of the affected homes prior to arrival of the fire department.
A total of three homes were affected, two sustained severe damage and a third sustained minor. There were a total of 2 injuries, one civilian transported to a local area hospital with smoke inhalation and one firefighter with minor burns.
The Red Cross was contacted to assist with the displacement of approximately 10 civilians.
Officials determined the fire to be accidental caused by smoking materials coming in contact with a plastic covered mattress in the bedroom on the second floor.