BALTIMORE — Baltimore City Mayor Jack Young on Wednesday said he would allow a maximum 250 fans to attend Saturday's Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course.
The move comes two days after Governor Larry Hogan signed an executive order allowing spectators at horse racing tracks.
So far the owners of the Preakness Stakes, the Stronach Group hasn't commented on whether they will once again open the event to fans.
Earlier this year, the decision was made to cancel 2020 InfieldFest and to have the race with no fans.
During his weekly COVID-19 update, Young also extended a moratorium on city event permits through October.
Meanwhile, City Health Commissioner Letitia Dzirasa, strongly advised residents to skip trick-or-treating and large parties this Halloween, out of fear it could cause a spike in cases.
Dzirasa also recommended children wear actual face coverings rather than a Halloween mask.
Councilman Eric Costello was also on hand to discuss an outdoor dining heating plan that WMAR-2 News covered on Tuesday.
Costello said restaurants needing heat outdoors, can now apply and expect approval in three business days.
Heating devices must be at least 5-feet away from all furniture and appliances with exception to dining tables and chairs.
Finally, Young announced $2 million more in grants for small businesses.
Eligible businesses could receive $15,000 towards rent, payroll and PPE purchases.
To apply, click here.