Comptroller Peter Franchot is now blocking electronic and paper returns from another 11 private tax preparers. This is the third time in two weeks the Comptroller announced he has stopped processing returns from tax preparers due to a large number of questionable returns. Thirty-seven tax preparers in Maryland and Washington, D.C. are now under investigation.
The 11 new tax preparers are:
- Tax Rite Services – 3406 Belair Road, Baltimore and 90 Shawgo Court, Middle River
- Deldan Tax and Accounting Services – 9208 Fairlane Place, Laurel
- Beverly Branch – 2230 E. Monument St., Baltimore and 1439 W. Patapsco Road, Baltimore
- Tax Relief Solution – 13042 Old Stagecoach Road, Laurel
- Loyalty Tax Services – 4602A Harford Road, Baltimore
- REMG Inc. – 8715 Windsor Mill Road, Windsor Mill
- EMACK Tax Service – 123 W. Saratoga St., Baltimore
- People Tax Service (aka Neighborhood Tax Services) – 3219 Belair Road, Suite A, Baltimore
- AO Tax Services – 2307 E. Monument St., Baltimore, and 3231 Belair Road, Baltimore
- Hartley Financial Enterprises LLC – 4602 Hampnett Ave., Suite 3, Baltimore
- Fred Accounting & Tax Services – 760 Morton St. NW, Washington, D.C.
If taxpayers suspect fraud, they are asked to immediately report the issue to the Comptroller's Questionable Return Detection Team at QRDT@comp.state.md.us.
You can see the full list of preparers Comptroller Franchot has suspended processing returns, visit the Comptroller’s website at http://www.marylandtaxes.com/.