Woman killed, two firefighters injured in early morning house fire

Posted at 12:10 PM, Nov 24, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-24 12:10:27-05

A woman died after being pulled from a burning home in Seat Pleasant, Prince George's County early Friday morning.

Firefighters arrived at the home in the 6800 block of Wilburn Drive around 3:15 a.m. after getting call reporting the fire and a person trapped inside the home.

They found a woman in her 70's on the first floor and got her out. Medics provided CPR and took her to the hospital where she died a short time later.

The woman's son was at the home when the fire started and was able to get out on his own. He was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

According to firefighters, there were no working smoke alarms in the house. They believe the fire was an accident and started near a stove in the kitchen.

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries. Both were treated at the Burn Unit at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and released.