News

Actions

House evacuated after child found unconscious

Posted: 5:40 PM, Dec 14, 2015
Updated: 2015-12-14 22:40:57Z

A Maryland home was evacuated after authorities discovered a high concentration of carbon monoxide while helping an unconscious child.

Montgomery County Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer says units responded to a call about an unconscious child in the Randolph Hill area Saturday afternoon.

When they arrived, a carbon monoxide detector attached to their equipment sounded an alert.

Piringer says the house was evacuated and the gas was shut off. A utility crew found a small gas leak with the dryer.

Three people, including two children, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Piringer says the unconscious child showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The investigation is ongoing.