A firefighter was taken to the hospital and two people are now without a home after a house caught fire in Westminster.
The Maryland State Fire Marshall says crews were called to the 300 block of Pleasant Valley Road just after 12:00 in the morning on Friday.
The house is one-story and fire officials believe the fire started on the outside and spread to the attic, causing the sprinkler system to not turn on until later into the fire. $200,000 of damage was done to the home and the owner lost around $50,000 worth of items inside.
It took firefighters almost an hour to put out the fire, and one was taken to Carroll Hospital Center where they were treated and released.