NewsRegionBaltimore County


Accidental electrical fire claims life of 73-year-old woman in Lansdowne

landsdowne fire.jpeg
landsdowne fire2.jpeg
Posted at 10:41 AM, Sep 30, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-03 08:53:02-04

LANSDOWNE, Md. (WMAR) — An accidental electrical fire claimed the life of a 73-year-old woman Sunday night in Lansdowne.

Baltimore County Fire crews first received a call around 10:30 p.m. for a home fully engulfed in flames in the 2400 block of Zion Road.

Officials say Sandra Kathleen Hutchins was found unconscious near the bathroom.

Crews were able to get Hutchins out of the home and into an ambulance, where she was pronounced dead by medics.

Investigators believe the fire was electrical and started in the bedroom.

The incident is the second deadly accidental fire to happen in Baltimore County over the weekend.