LANSDOWNE, Md. — The Baltimore County Police Department's fire investigators have determined that Tuesday's Lansdowne house explosion was accidental.
According to officials, a contractor that had been working in the house was refinishing a bathtub when chemicals that were involved in the process ignited. Investigators say there were multiple possible sources of ignition.
The contractor suffered serious injuries and remains hospitalized at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center.
However, this investigation is ongoing.