LANSDOWNE, Md. — Baltimore County Fire are investigating a reported house explosion in Lansdowne that left a man seriously injured Tuesday afternoon.
Fire officials say crews responded to a townhouse in the 4200 block of Twin Circle Way around 12:02 p.m. for a report of a gas odor and explosion sound coming from the home.
Crews worked to extinguish the heavy fire and were able to knock out a bulk of it moments later. Officials say the home suffered heavy damage and there were no extensions of the fire found in the homes next to it.
A 29-year-old man who was working at the home at the time of the explosion was injured and taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center for treatment. Officials also report that a family of four were at the home during the incident and they safely evacuated.
WATCH THE FULL NEWS CONFERENCE BELOW:
BGE crews were called to the scene of the fire and checked the home and the surrounding area. They say no gas-related issues were found to be the cause of the fire.