OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Students at the McDonogh School in Owings Mills were dismissed early Wednesday, following an explosion that injured three people.
School officials say it happened around 8:30 a.m. while outside contractors were working in the boiler room.
The explosion caused a smoke stack next to the Allan Building to partially collapse, injuring two contractors and a student.
The student and one of the workers was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
According to the fire department it's believed the student suffered injuries related to debris caused by the explosion.
The school says the student has since been treated and released from the hospital.
No other students were injured.
School officials say emergency responders blocked off the affected area and deemed the rest of the campus safe.
As a precaution, students were dismissed at 11:00 a.m. with all evening activities also being canceled.