HALETHORPE, Md. — A 25-year-old member of the Baltimore Police Department died of an apparent overdose at Halethorpe motel, Baltimore County Police said.
An officer responded to the 4400 block of Washington Boulevard at about 3:10 a.m. Friday when a woman called police to say her boyfriend was unconscious.
The woman told police she and her boyfriend had been using drugs. He used the last of them at about 11 p.m. Thursday. He then began to struggle to breath. The woman said she contacted a friend who had Narcan, the overdose-reversing medication. She was unable to administer the Narcan, so she contacted police.
Medics responded to the scene and attempted CPR, but they were unable to resuscitate the man.
WMAR-2 News obtained a copy of the police report. In that report it shows the victim was also under the influence of alcohol. The full incident report is here.
The victim was identified as Joseph Banks Jr. Banks joined the Baltimore Police in 2012, said Det. Jeremy Silbert. Banks was last assigned to the Juvenile Booking Facility.