GOLDEN RING, Md. — Baltimore County Fire Department responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide incident in Golden Ring.
A little before 1 p.m., units were called to the 7000 block of Golden Ring Road for a carbon monoxide leak. When they arrived to the scene, they discovered that the incident was taking place inside of the Rosedale Center, which is a Baltimore County Public School's alternative school.
The school was evacuated, but units discovered that the leak originated from a piece of auto equipment that was operating at an auto shop in the same complex as the school. The source was shut off, helping carbon monoxide levels begin to drop.
However, as a result of this incident, one priority 1 patient, a man, was taken to University of Maryland Medical System's hyperbaric chamber; and two priority 2 patients, a woman and another man, were also taken to UMMS. Priority 1 typical designates patients who are seriously injured but have a higher likelihood of recovery. Neither of these patients were staff members.