2 taken to hospital after hazmat spill at retirement home in Hunt Valley

Posted at 8:58 AM, Oct 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-10-18 10:05:35-04

Two people have been transported to the hospital after a hazmat spill at a retirement home, according to the Baltimore County Fire Department. 

Fire officials say the incident happened at the Masonic Home and Grand Lodge in Hunt Valley early Wednesday morning. 

They tweeted that the chemical spill happened in the laundry room when bleach and a second chemical mixed together. 

Officials say the injuries are not life-threatening, but other residents are keeping shelter until the threat is cleared.  

Fire officials have not released any additional information about the spill.