BALTIMORE — The Baltimore City Council has a current vacancy for the Second District after Councilman Brandon Scott was elected as City Council President following the former Council President Jack Young's ascension to Mayor of Baltimore City.
Now, Council President Scott has released the names of the 13-member Vacancy Nominating Committee whose job is to recommend a nominee to the fill the Second District position.
Members of the Vacancy Nominating Committee are:
• Chair, City Councilwoman Shannon Sneed, 13th District
• City Councilman Zeke Cohen, 1st District
• Barbara Jackson, Frankford Improvement Association
• Gloria Jenkins, Regional Management
• Winette Downer, Cedonia Community Association
• William "Pete" Moody, Gardenville Neighborhood Association
• Chet Brown, Brown Tisdale Inc.
• Rita Crews, Belair Edison Community Association
• Kate Scherr-Adams, KS Solutions
• Michael Karasik, Glenham Belhar Community Association
• Erica Wernery-Mullin, East Rosemont Community Association
• Patrick Morgan, Highlandtown, Community Association
• William Murphy, Frankford Estates Homeowner Association
The committee is made up of Second District residents and registered voters, community leaders, business owners, and two members of the City Council from neighboring districts.
According to Baltimore City Council Rule 5-1, the Committee will have a public hearing on Thursday, May 30, at 5 p.m. to conduct public interviews of those interested in filling the Second District Council position.
Anyone interested in applying for the position must send copies of their resume that lists their address by Friday, May 24 at 5 p.m. to Mr. Larry Greene, Office of Council Services, 100 N. Holliday Street, Room 415, Baltimore, MD 21202. Applications can also be submitted mail, in person, or by email at 2ndDistrictVacancy@gmail.com.
Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years old, registered voters, and residents of the city's Second Council District for at least one year.
Updated information regarding the vacancy will be posted on the District 2 page on the City Council website. For more information on the position,