The Ravens Foundation, a philanthropic off shoot of the NFL's franchise in Baltimore , doled out $100,000 in grants to 26 nonprofits in the Baltimore area.
Through their PLAY 60 Grant, the team provided up to $5,000 for new and expanding programs that promote physical fitness and/or nutrition education aimed at youth. That raises the total the Ravens Foundation awarded to such programs to $1.2 million.
The 2018 PLAY 60 Grants helped fund such projects as interscholastic sports programs for students with disabilities, running clubs, boxing training, and after school mentoring.
The full list of 2018 Ravens PLAY 60 Grant Recipients are:
• Baltimore Area Special Hockey, Inc.
• Baltimore Community Rowing, Inc.
• Baltimore SquashWise, Inc.
• KIPP Baltimore’s Urban Lacrosse League
• Baltimore County Public Schools – Allied Sports Program
• Boys & Girls Club of Cecil County
• Boys & Girls Club of Harford County
• Boys & Girls Club of Metropolitan Baltimore
• Civic Works
• Friends of Patterson Park
• Girls on the Run of Greater Chesapeake
• Girls on the Run of Central Maryland
• KEEN: Kids Enjoying Exercise Now
• Kennedy Krieger Institute
• Lutherville Timonium Recreation Council Soccer Program
• Maryland Agricultural Resource Council
• The Maryland School for the Blind
• Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital (MWPH)
• Parks & People Foundation, Inc.
• Patterson Park Public Charter School, Inc.
• PeacePlayers Baltimore
• St. Francis Neighborhood Center Corporation
• Strive To Tri, Inc.
• TasteWise Kids – Days of Taste Program
• Team Captain Kids Foundation: Hero Boys Run Club
• Umar Boxing Program, Inc.