BARCS is one of the entities impacted by the ongoing ransomware attack on Baltimore City servers.
Its staff emails, phone lines and network computers are all connected to city servers, so they're down for the time being.
The Baltimore animal shelter is now asking people to contact it using its Gmail addresses only. They include:
- Adoption, surrender and general inquiries: email@example.com
- Training and behavior advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offsite (store cat) adoptions and adoption events: email@example.com
- Foster information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer information: email@example.com
- Donations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media and events: email@example.com
Emails sent to addresses ending in @barcs.org and @barcsanimalshelter.org will be answered as soon as the situation is resolved.
Its animal, adoption, donor and volunteer databases are not impacted.