13 people are left without a home after three separate fires in Anne Arundel County over the holiday weekend.
The first fire was reported on Black Friday around 6:25 p.m. in the 1200 block of Hilltop Drive in Cape St. Claire. Firefighters say the flames took over the two-story home and started in the kitchen. The fire was accidental and was related to unattended cooking.
As a result of the fire, two adults and three kids have been displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross. Thankfully, nobody was injured.
About 20 minutes after the first fire started, crews were called to the 100 block of Mary Lou Drive in Lothian for another fire. Multiple 911 calls were made after reports of heavy fire conditions inside and on the front porch of a mobile home.
The fire was under control within 15 minutes, but two adults were displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross. Reports indicate the fire was started by an electrical malfunction on the porch.
On Sunday, the third fire of the weekend broke out in a home in the 8100 block of Kramer Court in Glen Burnie. After arriving at the scene, firefighters immediately found the source of the fire in a second-floor bedroom of the group townhome. The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by a laptop sitting on a bed mattress.
Two adults and four children are now being helped by the Red Cross after they were told they could not return to their home. One person in the house sustained minor burns during the fire and was treated at the scene by paramedics.