Attorney drops his lawsuit against Popeyes chicken, cites 'extreme comments'
Posted: 8:26 PM, Nov 04, 2016
<p>LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 24: A Popeyes fast food restaurant sign glows on July 24, 2008 in the South Los Angeles area of Los Angeles, California. The Los Angeles City Council committee has unanimously approved year-long moratorium on new fast-food restaurants in a 32-square-mile area, mostly in South Los Angeles, pending approval by the full council and the signature of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to make it the law. South LA has the highest concentration of fast-food restaurants of the city, about 400, and only a few grocery stores. (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images)</p>
A man who announced earlier this week that he is suing fast-food chain Popeyes
after he choked on a piece of chicken says he is dropping his lawsuit.
The New Orleans Times-Picayune
reports that attorney Paul M. Newton Jr. of Mississippi says he is dropping his lawsuit due to “extreme comments directed to me and my family.”
Newton announced on Wednesday that he was suing Popeyes after he choked on a piece of chicken in 2015 and was transported to the hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. Newton had said that he felt Popeyes was at fault because he was provided with a spork, as opposed to a knife and fork.