NewsLocal News


Police: 911 call results in six arrests, recovery of 10 stolen vehicles in Dundalk

Posted at 4:34 PM, Aug 31, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-01 14:01:00-04

BALTIMORE COUNTY — A call into 911 for suspicious suspects and vehicles in Dundalk resulted in the recovery of 10 stolen cars and six arrests.

Officers responded to the call for 8-9 suspects and possible stolen vehicles racing around the area of Oakwood Road, just before 3 a.m. on Friday.

As officers were arriving, those suspects fled in vehicles and on foot, all evading officers, initially.

One officer was able to catch up to one of the fleeing vehicles, but the driver and a passenger bailed out and fled on foot, escaping from police.

The officer determined that the vehicle they left behind had been stolen in a robbery in Baltimore City earlier that morning.

Other vehicles that were left behind at the scene by some of the suspects who fled on foot were also determined to be stolen.

Sometime later, 911 received a call for suspicious people walking along North Point Road.

When officers stopped them, they were found to be in possession of several sets of car keys that matched the vehicles left behind on Oakwood Road.

Around that same time, calls were coming in from various businesses reporting burglaries.

Investigators determined that the group walking along North Point Road targeted car dealerships and repair shops, stealing keys and then stealing vehicles. Cash was also stolen at one of the locations.

A total of 10 stolen vehicles were recovered, eight from Baltimore County and two from Baltimore City, with a total of six arrests, two adults and four juveniles.

21-year-old William Judson Street was arrested and charged with motor vehicle theft, unauthorized removal of a motor vehicle and theft. He has since been released on his own recognizance.

The second adult arrested was released without charge.

Four juveniles were arrested and charged with second degree burglary, auto theft, rogue and vagabond and theft from auto.

Afterward, they were all released to the custody of their guardians. Police say their names are not permitted to be released.

Officers from Baltimore County Police Department’s Dundalk Precinct are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding this incident.