BALTIMORE — A swearing-in ceremony will be held Thursday for the new incoming Baltimore City Council.
The event will be held at 10 am at the War Memorial Building, causing several city roads to temporarily close.
Here's a list of the roads impacted. Closures will last from 8 am to 1:30 pm.
- Fayette Street exit ramp from I-83 southbound
- Fayette Street from President Street to Guilford Avenue – vehicles traveling westbound on Fayette Street will detour either left or right onto President Street
- Saratoga Street from N. Gay to Lexington Streets
- Gay Street from E. Lombard to E. Saratoga Streets
- Guilford Avenue from E. Saratoga to Baltimore Streets
- Frederick Street from Lexington to E. Fayette Streets (garage patrons will be able to exit facility)
- Lexington Street from Guilford Avenue to E. Saratoga Street
- Holliday Street from E. Saratoga to Baltimore Streets
- Commerce Street from Water to Baltimore Streets
- Dickey Place will be closed
Permit holders of the 510 E. Lexington Street garage should attempt to arrive prior to the closures, although cars will be able to leave throughout the day.
Anyone trying to access the northbound JFX from the east should by taking Lombard to President Street. From the west, use Pratt to President Street.
Parking restrictions in the area of City Hall and the War Memorial Building will also be strictly enforced.