CECIL COUNTY — Cecil County Public Schools will reopen schools to 25 percent capacity (one day per week) beginning on February 8.
CCPS said their prior experience with bringing students back to school and the declining community COVID-19 metrics both support this decision.
- Students who participated in face-to-face instruction earlier this year will be assigned to the same weekday grouping as they were at the start of the school year (September 28). Schools will communicate with families regarding your child’s weekday grouping.
- If your child was fully virtual prior to the November closure and you would now like for your child to participate in face-to-face instruction, please contact your child's principal by February 3. Contact information for each school can be found HERE.
- Families who wish to remain fully virtual will still have the option to do so.
- Students who were in the first 5% return group will continue to attend face-to-face four days per week.
- School of Technology students will follow the same schedule as this fall.
There will be 10 COVID-19 rapid testing sites, two per feeder, available for students and staff as needed. More information on testing availability will be forthcoming.