BEL AIR, Md. — So far this flu season, between six and seven million people have been sick and between 69,000 and 84,00 people have been hospitalized, according to the Center for Disease Control.
To limit the spread of the illness, the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake implemented the following visitor restrictions:
- No one under age 18 (except if parent of a patient) is permitted to visit inpatient units
- Do not bring children under 18 with you for outpatient or doctor visits, unless the appointment is for the child
- Only 2 adult visitors allowed per patient at a time
- Visitors exhibiting flu symptoms — runny nose, fever, cough — are not permitted to visit hospital patients
- If you are here for a medical reason and have flu symptoms, please take a mask and wear during your visit
Officials say exceptions to these restrictions can be made and will be determined by unit leaders.