A man was attacked and robbed in Towson while playing Pokemon Go last week, according to Baltimore County Police.
On July 13 at 11:45 a.m., the man was attacked from behind by three unknown suspects in the 400 block of Washington Avenue. Police said the robbers punched and kicked him before making off with his cell phone.
He was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
The victim isn’t the first to be targeted while playing the popular new game in Baltimore County. Three teens were robbed at Belmont Park in Parkville just hours after the game’s release earlier this month.
Police have offered the following Pokemon Go safety tips:
• Do not go anywhere alone. Always take a friend.
• Do not go to any secluded area.
• Stay in well-lit areas at night.
• If you follow the game to an area that makes you uncomfortable, don’t continue.
• Don’t play the game while driving.
• Be aware of your surroundings while playing the game.
• Playing the game does not grant the participant the right to enter onto private property. Participants should obtain the permission of the property owner before entering onto private property.
• Report any suspicious persons, vehicles, or activity to police immediately.