"The car was still running. The door was open, but he was found over here," Gary Harrell said.
The victim was engaged to Harrell's daughter and he lived with him a half a block away from where he died.
"When it first happened, my daughter was awake the night it happened,” said Harrell, “She said she heard some shots, because she was waiting for him cause she usually walks down to help him walk into the house."
Police have now arrested five men and have tracked down a sixth suspect in New York who apparently had come to the neighborhood on the night in question five weeks ago to steal a car.
"They approached the car, forced him out of the vehicle, took his wallet and his cell phone (and) then the victim was shot with three different guns... three different guns. He died at the scene," said Cpl. John Wachter of the Baltimore County Police Department.
The arrests six people believed to have killed Bhulai are:
- Keith Terrell Harrison (18) of the 3000 Block of Cherryland Road 21225 is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail .
- Michael Anthony Jobes (20) of the 1600 Block of 32nd Street 21218 is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail.
- Hassan Emanuel Jones (18) of the 2600 block of Wilkens Avenue 21218 is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail.
- Christian Isaiha Lemel Tyson (18) of the 4300 block of Adelle Terrace 21229 is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail.
- Ramart Emanuel Wilson (19) of the Unit block of South Monastary Avenue 21229 was charged with first-degree murder and was released on $50,000 bail.
- Detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Kareem Raquan Riley (19) of the 800 block of Lyndhurst Avenue 21229 charging him with first-degree murder. Riley was taken into custody in New York and is expected to be extradited back to Maryland sometime today.
Sandeep only stood 5'5 and weighed just 100 pounds.
"It was pretty devastating, and his daughter, Kaylie -- she's starting to ask questions and what do you say to a 5-year-old really?” Harrell said. “I heard they were mainly after his car. That's what I heard, but they ended up not getting the car anyway so I don't understand it."