ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Maryland Governor Larry Hogan on Friday confirmed the state's first teen and infant to test positive for COVID-19.
Both are among the now 149 cases in the state, two-thirds of which are between the ages of 18 and 64.
The news comes a day after a 5-year-old Howard County Elementary School student was diagnosed.
Hogan says all patients under 18 are out of the hospital.
Earlier in the week, the state announced its first death related to the virus. A Prince George's County man in is 60's with an underlying health condition passed away.
The Governor also called on returning spring breakers to self-quarantine for 14 days.
“We are asking all returning spring break travelers to self-quarantine for the next 14 days, and to avoid people over the age of 60," Hogan said in a statement. "Even though students are not returning to campus, this should not in any way be treated as an extension of your spring break. If you ignore this recommendation, you are endangering yourself and the health of others."
Hogan also went on to remind citizens to stay away from public playground and pavilions and to follow his order of avoiding crowds of 10 or more people.
This past week, Hogan has ordered all bars, restaurants, malls, theaters, gyms, and other public places to close.
For everything you need to know about the coronavirus, click here.