NewsCarroll County

Actions

Woman suffers non-life threatening injuries in Carroll County house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 11:54 AM, Aug 27, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-27 11:54:53-04

HAMPSTEAD, Md. — The Office of the State Fire Marshal says that a woman suffered non-life threatening injuries in a house fire.

The fire, which was in the second floor bedroom, happened at a little after 6:30 p.m., on Monday, in the 900 block of Gaming Square in Hampstead.

It was extinguished before the fire department arrived and officials say that it wasn't intentional. It was caused by an unspecified failure of a rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery within an AED moon light lamp.

The only reported injury was an adult female, who suffered non-life threatening smoke inhalation injuries. She was taken to University of Maryland Shock Trauma.