NewsLocal News


Arrest made in February fatal shooting of teen near Towson Circle

delaware ave
Posted at 11:38 PM, Jul 12, 2023
and last updated 2023-07-13 19:21:06-04

BALTIMORE COUNTY — An arrest has been made in the February shooting that killed a 17-year-old Reginald F. Lewis High School student.

Baltimore County homicide detectives arrested 19-year-old Freedom Disean Brown in the fatal shooting of Tre'shaun Harmon.

According to court documents, it was a little after 7 p.m., on February 20 at the rear of BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse in Towson, when shots were fired.

Once officers arrived, Harmon was found with multiple gunshot wounds.

Video from the restaurant shows Harmon walking past the back of the restaurant and returning a short time later.

That's when documents state a muzzle flash occurred and smoke could be seen coming from the rear door of the restaurant that leads to the service elevator.

RELATED: Baltimore City high school student dies in shooting near Towson Circle

"Stricter gun laws. I know it doesn't curve the crime but maybe it'll just put a few of them away for doing the crimes,” said Martin Winder, who lives in Towson.

Winder lives right down the road from where the shooting occurred. He says he feels safe living in the area but thinks the county needs to make a few changes for better protection in the area.

"I think more police on the street rather than in the cars because you can see more, you can see more of what's going on. You can talk to the residents, talk to the people on the street,” said Winder.

Video from the restaurant shows a man wearing a beanie hat and sweatshirt. Store managers helped in identifying Brown as that person.

This has some people that often walk around Towson feeling fear.

"We just walk freely but this news would impact my level of confidence and even the times I will come out. Maybe around seven or so we'll make sure we're not out walking the streets,” said Charles Fredrick, who walks through Towson every week.

Documents state Brown had an open warrant in Baltimore City for homicide along with prior convictions that prevent him from owning a firearm.

In June, Brown admitted to being at BJ's the night of the shooting but denied any involvement.

Brown is being held without bail.