Consumers can buy energy-efficient appliances this weekend without paying Maryland's six percent sales tax.
From Feb. 18-20, qualifying Energy Star products will be tax free for Shop Maryland Energy weekend.
Qualifying products include:
- Air conditioners
- Clothes washers and dryers
- Heat pumps
- Solar water heaters (tax-exempt at all times now)
- Standard size refrigerators
- Programmable thermostats
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Light-emitting diode (LED) light bulbs
Maryland's next tax-free week will be Aug. 13-19 for qualifying clothing and footwear.
For more information, visit the Comptroller of Maryland's website.