BALTIMORE — Howard Bank announced on Wednesday they are committing more than $100,000 to organizations in the Greater Baltimore area as part of COVID-19 relief efforts.
The organizations that will receive the grants are:
- Innovation Works, $50,000
- Maryland Food Bank, $25,000
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, $7,500
- Enoch Pratt Free Library, $6,000
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, $5,700
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, $2,500
- University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake, $2,500
The bank will also donate $5,000 to purchase face shields that will be distributed to help hospital staff treating patients with COVID-19.
“We are a commercial bank totally invested in our local communities,” said Mary Ann Scully, Chairman and CEO of Howard Bank. “Given the crisis we wanted to provide additional support to non-profit organizations that are critical to the fabric of the communities we serve. These organizations are treating the sick, feeding the hungry, educating our students and supporting entrepreneurs who will need help until this economy rebounds.”