The storm forecasted for Monday night and Tuesday morning will bring snow to the Baltimore area, and more north of the city.
In preparation, Ready.gov and the Maryland Emergency Management Agency has a checklist for you and your family to go through to ensure you have everything you need to make it through the weather comfortably.
RELATED: Baltimore area weather forecast
First, they say create a plan:
- Talk with your family about what you need to do to prepare
- Teach children how and when to call 9-1-1
- Talk about what to do if the power goes out
Then, complete your preparation checklist:
- Do you have a fully stocked emergency kit?
- Rock salt
- Snow shovel
- Necessities (food, water, toilet paper, garbage bags)
- Three ways to create fire
- Battery powered radio
- Battery powered charger for cell phones
- Manual can opener
And check your car:
- Antifreeze levels
During the storm, government agencies suggest you minimize travel as much as possible, to keep you from getting stuck in the cold.