BALTIMORE — When going out to eat at your favorite local or chain restaurant, you may not know there are secret menu items just waiting to be ordered.
Creating secret menus or meals has become a trend across the country recently, with major chains like Wawa creating a temporary secret menu for their 54th birthday, and other chains like Red Robin, Starbucks, and Chipotle using word-of-mouth to promote their own covert cuisines.
All of these mysterious meals had us wondering if local restaurants in Baltimore had their owns secrets to share. Here is what we found.
Chaps Pit Beef: 5801 Pulaski Hwy, Baltimore
- Baltimore Bad Boy, $9.35
- Chicken Tender Club, $8.60
- Chicken Cordon Blue, $8.60
- Hog Like a Boss, $8.60
- Cubano, $9.35
- Cordon Que, $9.35
- Boss Man, $10.10
Iron Rooster: Locations in Canton, Locust Point, and Hunt Valley
- If you check in on social media you get free bacon
Johnny's: 4800 Roland Ave, Baltimore
- The Big O, $5, Blood Orange and espresso soda topped with Mexican Coke
- The Ice King, $8, a hybrid of Johnny’s Cross milk & honey (creamy house cappuccino with clover honey) and a dirty chai (espresso and chai) iced
Samos Greek Island Grill: Locations in Canton Crossing and at 1703 Whetstone Way, Baltimore
- Village Salad, $11.13
Shoyou Sushi: 1450 Light St, Baltimore
- If the chef has it in stock, you can order the belly of Tuna, Salmon, Albacore, and Yellowtail.
Tio Pepe’s: 10 E Franklin St, Baltimore
- Lobster Emilio, $51
Todd Connors: 700 S Broadway, Baltimore
- Crab Dip Pierogis, $16
Village Square Cafe: 66 Village Square, Baltimore
- The Big Easy, $10.95, bowl of prosciutto-cheddar grits topped with two over easy eggs, served with toast
- The Breakfast Bowl, $10.95, home fried potatoes topped with chorizo sausage, two eggs any style, melted pepperjack cheese, topped with avocado
- Avocado Toast, $8.95, avocado mash over a slice of multigrain toast, topped with an over medium egg, fresh spinach, diced tomatoes, drizzled with sriracha sour cream..
In addition to local restaurants with secret menu items, we also did some research to see what some chain restaurants offered as well.
- Super Roast Beef Sandwich
- Ultimate BLT Sandwich
- Roast Ham & Swiss Sandwich
- Roast Beef & Swiss Sandwich
- The Meat Mountain Sandwich - Two chicken tenders, slices of roast turkey, pit-smoked ham, corned beef, 13-hour smoked brisket, USDA-choice Angus steak, roast beef, and pepper bacon with cheddar and Swiss.
- Bacon Beef’n Cheddar
- BK BLT, $1.79 Whopper Jr., 3.49 Whopper, classic BLT toppings added to a Whopper or Whopper Jr.
- BK Club, $3.99, extra bacon, tomato, and cheese on a chicken sandwich
- BK Ham & Cheese, $1.99, ham and cheese on a sesame seed bun
- Frings, $1.19 Value Size, $1.69 Small, $2.09 Medium, $2.29 Large, half french fires, half onion rings
- Rodeo Burger, $1.49, extra onion rings and BBQ sauce on your cheeseburger
- Suicide Burger, $3.99, four beef patties, four slices of cheese, bacon, and special sauce
- Veggie Whopper, $3.49, a veggie patty instead of beef
- Chicken Quesadila, $3.99
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, $3.49
- Fried Chicken Club, $4.49
- Spicy Char, $3.69
- Quesarito, $3.50 more than the standard burrito, a customized burrito wrapped in a quesadilla instead of a plain flour tortilla
- Burritodilla, $4.99 plus sides, a quesadilla with about half of the contents of a burrito.
- Double Grilled Cheese Burger, $6.98 plus $1.80 per additional hamburger patty, burger patties sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches
- Patty Melt, $3.49 for the grilled cheese plus $1.80 per additional hamburger patty, a burger with buns grilled up like a grilled cheese sandwich
- Well done Fries,
- Cheesarito, melted cheese, scallions, & sauce wrapped up in a soft tortilla
- Cheesy Gordita Crunch, $2.49, A hard-shelled ground beef taco placed inside of a Gordita shell with a layer of melted cheese between. Topped with cheese sauce, lettuce, and shredded cheese
- Chili Cheese Burrito, $1.69,
- Doritos Shell Anything, add $0.40 to swap shells
- Double Grilled Quesadilla
- Enchirito, $1.99, An enchilada stuffed with beef, beans, and cheese
- Quesarito, $1.99-$2.99, A quesadilla is used as the shell to wrap up your burrito fillings
- The Hulk, extra guacamole in your burrito
- The Incredible Hulk, $1.89, Beefy five-layer burrito with guacamole instead of nacho cheese. Subtract the inner 6" shell and make it FRESCO.
- The Superman, extra Potatoes, sour cream, guacamole, & crispy tortilla strips in a cheesy double beef burrito
- Triple Down, a double down with an extra layer of chicken, bacon, and cheese
- Poutine, french fries covered in cheese curds and drowned in gravy
- Old Cut, bread is dug out from the top like a trench instead of being sliced open from the side
- Pizza Sub, a sub loaded with spicy pepperoni, tomato sauce, cheese and veggies of your choice
- Barnyard Burger, a chicken patty, a beef patty, crispy bacon, cheese, fresh lettuce, and tomato between soft buns.
- Meat Cube, a full pound of hamburger patties, four beef patties and all the fixings on a bun.