The Baltimore Ravens didn't make Super Bowl LIII, but there are several players on both the Los Angeles Rams and the New England Patriots with connections to Maryland.
- Rams running back Todd Gurley was born in Baltimore. He and his family eventually moved to North Carolina where he grew up during his childhood.
- Micah Kiser The linebacker played at the Gilman School (2008-2012) in North Baltimore.
- Blake Countess plays defensive back for Los Angeles. He played high school ball at Our Lady of Good Counsel (2007-2011) in Olney.
- Rob Havenstein is one of the Rams' offensive tackles. He grew up in Mount Airy and played at Linganore High School (2006-2010) in Frederick County.
- John Johnson III is a Hyattsville native who plays defensive back for the Rams.
The Patriots have two players with Maryland connections.
- Defensive back J.C. Jackson played at the University of Maryland, College Park (2016-2017).
- The team's long snapper Joe Cardona attended the Naval Academy (2011-2015).
The Super Bowl is this Sunday and starts at 6:30 p.m.