TOWSON, Md. — Nine of Baltimore County’s largest senior centers are now open.
Senior centers have been closed since March 17 last year, when Governor Larry Hogan issued a state order to combat COVID-19.
Before going to a senior center, members are required to attend an orientation session to learn about new COVID-19 safety protocols and complete annual center registration forms.
To register and schedule an orientation, call 410-887-2040 or click here.
Here is a list of senior centers now open to registered members for drop-in and recreational programs, including basketball, pickleball, cards, pool, socializing, woodshop, bingo, shuffleboard, and table tennis.
- Bykota Senior Center, 611 Central Avenue, Towson, MD 21204, 410-887-3094, email@example.com
- Catonsville Senior Center, 501 North Rolling Road, Baltimore, MD 21228, 410-887-0900, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cockeysville Senior Center, 10535 York Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030, 410-887-7694, email@example.com
- Essex Senior Center, 600 Dorsey Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21221, 410-887-0267, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liberty Senior Center, 3525 Resource Drive, Randallstown, MD 21133, 410-887-0780, email@example.com
- Parkville Senior Center, 8601 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21234, 410-887-5338, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pikesville Senior Center, 1301 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208, 410-887-1245, email@example.com
- Seven Oaks Senior Center, 9210 Seven Courts Drive, Perry Hall, MD 21236, 410-887-5192, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Open July 6) Ateaze Senior Center, 7401 Holabird Avenue, Dundalk, MD 21222, 410-887-7233, email@example.com
Masks are encouraged but not required.
The County plans to resume in-person instructional classes and educational seminars starting June 7.
Eleven other senior centers will reopen at a later date.
Until the Eating Together program resumes, weekly bulk food programs will continue being provided to seniors on Wednesdays, with expansion to 9 sites: Ateaze, Bykota, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Essex, Liberty, Parkville, Reisterstown and Seven Oaks senior centers.