ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Lidl is expected to open 10 new stores in Maryland by the end of 2021, in a move that could bring 400 new jobs to the state.
The business retailer is undergoing a $500 million nationwide expansion, that includes a total of 50 new stores along the East Coast.
“It is exciting news that a fast-growing global company like Lidl is continuing to invest and offer good-paying job opportunities at a time when they are needed the most,” said Governor Hogan. “We welcome these new stores to our communities, and look forward to working with Lidl to ensure their continued growth and success in Maryland. This is more good news for our economic recovery, and will help more Marylanders get back to work.”
Upon opening, the Lidl stores will be supported by their new $100 Million Regional Headquarters and Distribution Center in Cecil County, which added 200 new jobs alone.
Here's a list of locations in Maryland, where Lidl stores are expected to open.
- Annapolis (Anne Arundel County) on Solomons Island Road
- Brooklyn Park (Anne Arundel County) on Ritchie Highway
- Columbia (Howard County) on Little Patuxent Parkway
- Glen Burnie (Anne Arundel County) on Ritchie Highway
- Frederick (Frederick County) on W. Patrick Street
- Montgomery Village (Montgomery County) on Montgomery Village Avenue
- Oxon Hill (Prince George’s County) on Livingston Road
- Takoma Park (Montgomery County) on New Hampshire Avenue
- Timonium (Baltimore County) on East Padonia Road
- Wheaton (Montgomery County) on Randolph Road
Maryland reported 53,900 new jobs last month, and a decreased unemployment rate of 7.6%.