News

Actions

2 more people die in Oregon fire

Officials say it was caused by a space heater
Posted at 4:47 AM, Mar 03, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-03 07:14:27-05

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Two more family members have died following a house fire in the rural Oregon town of Riddle.

A fire caused by a portable space heater broke out early Wednesday, killing three children and their foster brother.

Now the mother of the three children, 38-year-old Tabitha Howell, and another one of her children has died.

Howell's husband is in critical condition.

RELATED:4 killed in Oregon fire were children

Download the ABC2 News app for the iPhone, Kindle and Android