It's not always easy getting out of bed in the morning, and most people have come up with an excuse for a time they were late to work.
Some of those excuses are more creative than others.
CareerBuilder released the results of a new survey that asked employers the most outrageous excuses employees have given them for being tardy.
These were the best answers:
- I forgot it wasn’t the weekend.
- I put petroleum jelly in my eyes.
- I had to watch a soccer game that was being played in Europe.
- I thought Flag Day was a legal holiday.
- My pet turtle needed to visit the exotic animal clinic.
- The wind blew the deck off my house.
- I overslept because my kids changed all the clocks in the house.
- I was cornered by a moose.
- My mother locked me in the closet.
- The pizza I ordered was late being delivered, and I had to be home to accept/pay for it.
- The sunrise was so beautiful that I had to stop and take it in.
- My mother-in-law wouldn’t stop talking.
- My dad offered to make me a grilled cheese sandwich, and I couldn’t say no.
The survey also found that 29 percent of workers admit to coming in late at least once a month, while 16 percent say they're late on a weekly basis.