CRESAPTOWN, Md. (AP) - Authorities say two men were badly burned when a vintage vehicle they were working on leaked fuel that ignited.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a news release that firefighters were called Monday to a detached garage behind a home in Cresaptown.
Officials say 68-year-old Benny Smith and 48-year-old Craig Faith were working on a vintage Army pickup truck.
Investigators say gasoline from the fuel pump leaked and ignited when it came in contact with a halogen lamp.
Firefighters say the men were engulfed in flames but were able to put those fires out. Authorities say Smith and Faith were flown to the burn unit at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore. Both sustained first- and second-degree burns and were in critical but stable condition.