Valerie Ervin got a late start to her campaign because she wasn't supposed to be running for Governor at all. She was originally running as Lt. Governor for Kevin Kamenetz, but he passed away in May. She took over his campaign and is now running with Marisol Johnson.
Her vision for Maryland:
- Maryland to have the best public schools in the nation, and they are debt-free
- Universal childcare and pre-k for all Maryland families
- Maryland would lead our nation to 100% renewable energy and have the best clean public transit system in the country.
- $15 minimum wage
- Fair scheduling
- Medicare for All
- Paid family leave
- Debt-free college
- Dignity and sanctuary for immigrants
- An end to all new fossil fuel infrastructure in Maryland so we can embrace the clean energy future we deserve.