NewsState

Actions

Victims, cause identified in deadly Temple Hills house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WMAR.png
Posted at 2:29 PM, Nov 27, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-27 14:29:27-05

TEMPLE HILLS, Md. (AP) -- Investigators in a Maryland suburb of Washington say a malfunctioning electrical outlet caused a house fire that killed a woman and her adult son.

A spokesman for Prince George's County Fire said in a statement Monday that there were no working fire alarms in the Temple Hills house that burned on November 15.

Officials say 83-year-old Louvenia Goldson and her son, 62-year-old Eugene Goldson, who lived in the home, died at a hospital after being removed from the basement of the home.

Anyone who in Prince George's County needs a working smoke alarm but cannot afford or install one is urged to call 311. A firefighter will install a smoke alarm for free.