NewsState

Actions

Program launches to help Marylanders save 80 percent on uninsured auto fines

Posted: 3:37 PM, Sep 03, 2019
Updated: 2019-09-03 15:37:47-04
Cities with the most traffic congestion

BALTIMORE — A new state program has been launched to help eligible Marylanders reduce their outstanding uninsured auto fines, eliminating a significant hurdle to registering their vehicles.

FineFix is a partnership between the Uninsured Division of Maryland Auto Insurance and the Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration that gives eligible participants the opportunity to pay 20 percent of their outstanding auto fines and have the remaining 80 percent forgiven.

Eligibility is limited to those who have uninsured auto fines that were delinquent prior to December 31, 2016.

To participate in the program, participants must enroll at FineFix.Maryland.gov and make their first payment by December 31, 2019.