You see them at the grocery store, in the mall, and at the movie theater. You walk right by because they look just live you.
But for too many families in Maryland, heroin is ripping them apart at the seams. ABC2 takes an in depth look at the heroin epidemic in Maryland in, Community in Crisis: Chasing the High.
Headlines from the special:
- Mother talks about her son's disease of addiction
- Harford County's Conversation Tree wants people to informed and help prevent heroin abuse
- Heroin epidemic crosses the Bay
- Maryland's Heroin Task Force aims to monitor prescription drug use
- Anne Arundel Co. first responders are using life-saving opioid reversal drug
- "Addicted" is a play that confronts the epidemic of addiction
- Self proclaimed 'largest methadone clinic on planet Earth' serves 2,200 people daily
Click here for ABC2's full coverage of Maryland's heroin epidemic.