Following devastating flash flooding in Howard County, county officials held an information session to help those affected.
The information sessions were held at Howard High School in Columbia beginning at 6:30 p.m. and focused on assistance available for residents, business owners, and property owners.
There were representatives from 19 state and local agencies there to help outline services and resources available as well as answer any questions.
“We want to do everything possible to assist residents, merchants and property owners following this devastating event,” County Executive Allan H. Kittleman said. “Our discussion will focus on providing assistance to those impacted and addressing their needs during the recovery effort.”
Of those 19 agencies, the following people were at the event:
- Allan H. Kittleman, Howard County Executive
- Jon Weinstein, County Council Member, District 1
- Gary Gardner, Chief, Police Department
- John Butler, Chief, Department of Fire and Rescue Services
- Jackie Scott, Director, Department of Community Resources and Services
- Jim Irvin, Director, Department of Public Works
- Kelly Cimino, Director, Department of Housing and Community Development
- As well as various directors of county and state agencies and non-profits